Thursday, December 22, 2011

Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep

Dear Avery,
   
     I contacted Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep today.  I have been struggling with whether or not to call for a little while now, but finally decided to bite the bullet and do it.  I promise that I am not giving up on you baby girl.  I just want to be prepared for anything and make sure that we capture every moment of your life that we possibly can.
    
     I spoke with a really nice lady named Rhonda first.  She is the parent coordinator for this area.  She lost her precious son 4 years ago.  We talked for a little while and she told me that Dr. Weeks was her MFM doctor too.  She put me in touch with another nice lady named Courtney, and I just spoke with her on the phone.  Courtney is going to call me back after Christmas and set up a maternity photo shoot for sometime in the next couple of weeks.  I am really excited to have more pictures of you in my belly!  Courtney will also come to the hospital when I go into labor to take pictures of you right after you are born.

     I had never heard of this organization until a couple of months ago.  I was probably 3 and a half or 4 months along and the local news did a special on a family that was carrying their little girl to term even though she wasn't expected to make it.  NILMDTS helped them through their grief by taking beautiful photographs that they could cherish forever.  I never imagined at that moment that this could ever possibly be my own story.  I sat there and cried silent tears for that family with one hand on my belly holding onto you as I listened to their story.  Now it is very apparent that God showed me that program for a reason.  He was preparing me for what the future would hold.

                                                                                             I love you sweet angel,
                                                                                                                      Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment