Thursday, May 10, 2012

Alis Volat Propiis

Dear Avery,

       I always thought that my middle name was a mistake--that your Mimi wrote it wrong on my birth certificate and that is why no one can pronounce it.  Now, I realize that the lack of an "e" was no mistake at all.  It was destiny.  You are Alis because I am Alis.  I wanted to give you a piece of my name because you are a piece of me.  And it is only now that I realize how appropriate that name is for a beautiful angel.

        Alis Volat Propiis.  I ran across this quote today and it piqued my curiousity.  Of course I had to look it up and figure out what our middle name actually means.  Alis volat propiis is a latin phrase that  means "She flies with her own wings."  Alis means winged-just like you are sweet angel! 

      I texted Mimi earlier to tell her that Alis volat propiis means she flies with her own wings.  Mimi texted me back that, "She is only flying if Aunt Pallie will put her down," and that brought a huge smile to my face.  I love the thought of you snuggling with Aunt Pallie in heaven.  She was a huge part of my childhood and now she is a huge part of yours too!  She was never able to have children until now; now she has you.  If I can't have you with me, she is my first choice for the job until I can get to you.  Please give her a huge hug from me!

                                                         I love you and miss you,
                                                                             Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment